It’s that time of year again and the Shamrock Shakes at McDonald’s are back on the menu. I’m a total sucker for that minty goodness but the amount of calories and ….stuff….. in them make me back away each time. That being said, I decided to create my own healthy version of the shamrock shake – and here it is – the Shamrock Smoothie! All the great deliciousness but with all healthy ingredients! It makes a great breakfast smoothie or you can be like me and enjoy it anytime of the day 🙂
This recipe makes 1 large smoothie (2 kid sized smoothies) so if you need more just double or triple the recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt (non fat plain)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used Almond milk, low fat)
- 2 tsp Agave syrup (or more if you like it real sweet)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract (add a tad more if you like it very minty)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Throw everything (except ice) into a Vitamix, blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add ice and once more, blend until smooth. Serve immediately.