Welcome to day 16 of the challenge! If you’ve missed any of the challenge so far, that’s ok – you can catch up anytime. You can access the master list of all the challenges in this post here.
If you aren’t already signed up for this challenge, you can do so here: http://eepurl.com/EkqPz
It’s completely free to join and some advantages of being part of the email “group” is that you’ll be first to get notified of the new challenges, printables and there will be some bonus tips that will be in your emails only.
Today’s challenge is a quick one for you. It should really only take you 10-15 minutes, so you can spare that today right?
Cleaning under the kitchen sink. Yes I know, that cupboard we all love to hate. The cupboard that tends to get opened quickly while stuff is thrown aimlessly in – such as plastic grocery bags perhaps?
Don’t even worry about grabbing your organizing boxes today. Just haul your trash can right over to that cupboard.
- Start by taking everything out of the cupboard. Yep all of it. As you are taking stuff out, purge what you can. Throw away empty bottles or bottles that are almost empty.
- Once your cupboard is empty, wipe down the shelves so it’s nice and clean.
- Grab some bins! I put all my sponges and refills for the dish wand in one little bin, all my dish detergents and dish washer detergents in one bin, vinegar and baking soda in one, dog shampoos and nail clippers in one, etc.
- Find somewhere for all your plastic bags to go. We bought one of those bag dispensers that hangs on the door to the cupboard. It works great but fills up fast, so we end up taking most of our bags to the recycle bins at the grocery store. I do try to use the reusable grocery bags as much as I can now.
- There, done. Now you should have a beautifully clean and organized cupboard under your sink. Nice and easy right?
jennie sanderson @jenpsht says
ahh that would be great! I don’t put anything under my sink but grocery bags, I keep them in a zipped reusable shipping bag. I have a 1 year old and the cupboards are not easily baby proofed, they have no handles, I can’t seem to keep them closed so I just took everything out of there. It’s hard to put things down there anyway because of the garbage disposal. Anyway I am going to do this today because its always nice to have a nice, clean area. Thanks!
Greisy Wardsworth says
I love this because is only ittle space for use
Kelsey Gross says
All your organization tips are great. I am working on organizing my kitchen now so these are great ideas