My 18 month old is just a tad bit young for this craft although she enjoyed playing with the pom poms and popsicle sticks as I was making these 🙂
This is a fun craft for older toddlers and kids to make and it’s fun to make them with them too! It’s a fairly easy and quick craft which puts it high up there on my list!
Use these to attach to Valentine’s Day cards or gifts, attach to a love note, or to simply stick on the fridge to hold notes. Do you want free printables of the cute Frozen themed Valentine’s as shown in the photos? Download them here.
What You’ll Need:
Popsicle sticks (I found a big bag of these at the dollar store)
Pom Poms (Target had a nice selection of Valentine’s colors for $1 in their Dollar area)
Glue (I used fabric glue but any liquid glue will work)
Plastic Googly Eyes (Also found these at the dollar store!)
Wooden Clothes Pins (dollar store again!)
1. Put a medium sized line of glue all the way down one popsicle stick
2. Start placing your pom poms onto the stick and press lightly into the glue.
3. Squirt a tiny bit of glue onto the back of the googly eyes and place them onto one of the end pom poms
4. Put the love bug aside to dry (continue making others now as needed)
5. Once the pom poms are securely glued in place and all the glue has dried, you can glue it onto a clothes pin.
6. Put aside until the glue hardens. Next you can glue the magnet onto the bottom.
[…] Love Bugs Magnets | Homeketeers […]