I found this recipe over at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice, and had to try it! I made a few adjustments to the recipe to suit our tastebuds and I didn’t like the thought of cooking chicken right on the rack, so I used my Pampered Chef Stoneware. It was DELICIOUS! I can’t imagine anything better to do to a chicken breast! If you try it let us know.Adapted from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
- 4 cups pretzels (Rold Gold are the easiest to crush), coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey (we like it sweeter, use less honey if you want it tangier)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 + 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Crush pretzels until coarsely ground (small crumbs with some small pretzel pieces) then add them to a large, shallow bowl. Tip* Put pretzels in large baggie, and use a rolling pin to crush them
- Mix oil, mustard, honey, water and vinegar until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the flavor to suit your own tastes by adding more mustard or honey.
- Pour half of the dressing into a large shallow bowl and add the chicken breasts. Turn to coat them evenly then dredge them in the pretzel crumbs using your hand to pat them on if needed.
- Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked through (internal temperature 165 – 174 degrees F.) – I recommend baking them on either stoneware so both side crisp nicely or on a pizza pan that has holes in it, with a cookie sheet on the rack below to catch drippings.
- Let the chicken sit 5 minutes before serving with the remaining honey mustard dressing.
Leave a Reply