This is a cute craft that you can easily make yourself for your baby or toddler or if you have a slightly older child, they can help you make this!
What you need:
2 sturdy paper plates
heavy duty tape
glue and/or washi tape
Scissors or xacto knife
Small toys/glitter/ tinsel/ plastic coins/bells/ beads, etc to go inside (visit the Dollar store and go crazy!)
1. Start by drawing the shape of a shamrock on one of your plates. Then cut the shape out the best you can. Using a Xacto knife will probably work best but because I couldn’t find mine, I used a small pair of scissors.
2. Paint over the outsides of both your plates (if you have kids that are helping, this is where they come in. Go crazy with the paint, add glitter if you’d like here as well.)
Note: If you decide to use glitter on the outside of your plates, I recommend sealing them with Mod Podge after the paint dries, otherwise you will most likely be finding glitter on everything for the next 6 months 😉
3. Once the paint is dry, cut your freezer bag so it fits inside the plate and tape it securely overtop of the shamrock shape. Make sure there is tape all around the edges so nothing will be able to fall through.
4. Now add all your little trinkets!
5. Now seal the edges: I recommend using glue first to stick the 2 plates together. I finished it off with adding washi tape all around the edges because I love the look of washi tape!
The great thing about this craft is that it is easy to make and it’s very cost effective. I have so much stuff left over to make more of these and I think I spent maybe $6 at the Dollar store. By using different shapes on the front and different colors of paint, you can make one of these for any occasion. This would make a great craft for all attendees at a birthday party to make and take home with them!
Leave a Reply