Here is another one of my delicious but healthy recipes! This one is a total winner in our home, I made a batch of these yesterday and the entire batch is already gone. Make these for a fun snack for St. Patrick’s Day or anytime! These will be a regular staple around here from now on I think 🙂
- 1 cup milk (I used low fat almond milk)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups chopped spinach (as finely chopped as you can)
- 1 cup crumbled feta (or cut into small cubes)
- Laughing cow cheese or cream cheese
- Dried chives
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a bowl (applesauce, milk, eggs, agave syrup).
- In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients (baking powder, baking soda, flour, flax, and salt)
- Mix the dry into the wet and stir until coated. Mix in spinach and feta and stir until well mixed in. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups (I used the silicone ones, but paper lined ones are fine too) and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The magic time for my gas oven was 22 minutes, so check at about 18 minutes to see how far along they are. Once you can stick a cake tester in and have it come out clean, they are done!
[…] Spinach and Feta Muffins from Homeketters […]