Simple Gourmet Valentine’s Day Dessert (from our FREE w/ purchase simple gourmet Valentine’s Day Menu)
Dark Chocolate Torte
This rich, fudgy cake is a decadent dessert for a special evening with your special someone.
Butter and flour for pan
7 ounces dark chocolate baking squares, chopped
½ cup butter
4 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
Optional Garnish: Powdered sugar, fresh raspberries
- Butter and flour a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until smooth. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks, sugar and flour. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- In a metal bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture; DO NOT over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake 45 minutes (toothpick will NOT come out clean).
- Cool 10 minutes before removing walls of pan. Cool completely. Garnish with powdered sugar & berries if desired.
Note: You can also use a 9-inch round cake pan. Do not attempt to remove the cake from the pan; slice and serve from pan.
For more great recipes visit eMeals