Want to create quick and easy cards but you don’t have the right sentiment on a stamp? Look no further than your printer!! You can create simply beautiful cards with just cardstock, patterned paper, a ribbon and a punch using this technique. It’s quick and easy to do. I created the two cards below in less than 10 minutes! Here are two examples I made using the same piece of cardstock, punch and patterned paper. I changed the ribbon to match the punch for these cards but you could use the same to keep it even more simple!
To create these cards, simply follow these simple steps:
1) On your computer’s word processing program, open a new blank document.
2) Select two columns for your document.
3) Select a pretty font. I used a bold script for my cards.
4) Type your sentiment, centered in each column, at approximately 7 1/2 inches down the page.
5) Insert your cardstock into your printer and hit print!
6) Remove your cardstock from your printer, trim your cardstock in half, lengthwise, you now have two 4 1/4 x 11 pieces of paper.
7) Fold each one in half. You can use an embossing folder for a crisp edge.
8) Trim decorative patterened paper to fit just under the sentiment and adhere using glue at all edges.
9) Tie a bow where the papers meet. Make it pretty!!
10) Using a craft punch, punch your desired shape from cardstock (I chose glittered cardstock) and adhere with a pop dot.
And there you have it! In less than 10 minutes, you have created 2 beautiful cards that are personalized for your recipient! I hope you’ve enjoyed this tutorial on how to create personalized cards using your printer!
Tutorial by Lisa Spiegel