Don’t let the title scare you away! Even if you are not breastfeeding, you will still love these cookies, I promise 🙂 And they are healthy too – and incredibly yummy. I searched the internet for lactation cookie recipes and not really finding one that was 100% exactly what I was looking for, I ended up creating my own rendition. The 3 most important ingredients to help with lactation are oats, brewer’s yeast and flaxseed.
– Make sure you buy the steel cut oats and not quick oats.
– Brewer’s yeast can be found in many health food stores and the GNC stores carry it.
I was surprised by how many cookies this batch made, it made 4 dozen medium sized cookies! I was also surprised at how delicious they were, and so was my husband. After I assured him he wasn’t going to start lactating if he ate the cookies (haha), he continued the help himself to them so the batch did not last as long as I intended. Good thing it’s a quick and easy recipe, as I know I’ll be making these often.
- 1/2 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 3 pkts stevia
- 1 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup flax
- 6 tablespoons brewers yeast
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- brown sugar
- Mix applesauce, peanut butter, eggs, extract, water, agave syrup and stevia together in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, flax, brewers yeast, and cinnamon.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ones and once mixed, add the oats, and then add the chocolate chips last. Mix all together.
- Drop mixture by a spoonful onto a baking sheet (covered with silpat baking sheets or parchment paper), and flatten slightly. Sprinkle some brown sugar onto the tops of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
Don’t forget to Enter all the: