This Tutorial includes products provided for review by Hot Off the Press – PaperWishes.com
For this tutorial, I used the Playful Pinwheels template by Hot Off the Press. This is an awesome template, it really is, as it includes many different sizes and styles of pinwheels. Both single and double pinwheels too.
What You Will Need:
- Playful Pinwheels template
- double sided paper (I used the Grapefruit collection by Hot Off the Press)
- Optional: brads, Crop a Dile
1. Choose your paper and a pinwheel size you’d like to make on your template.
2. Trace the template onto your paper.
3. Cut all the way to the end of the line you drew, all 4 sides around the square.
4. Pull in the “tail” on each corner all the way into the middle. If you make the largest pinwheel, you can secure them with a brad. The largest template has hole markers to show you where to punch the holes. Simply thread the brad through all those holes. It’s a little tricky the first time you do it.
5. For the cupcake toppers I made the small size pinwheels. You can leave them like this – a single pinwheel, or double them up to make a cool double pinwheel.
6. Lay the pinwheel face down and tape a toothpick to the back side.