This Tutorial includes products provided for review by Hot Off the Press – PaperWishes.com
For this cute banner, I used the Grapefruit Collection and the Build a Banner Template from Hot Off the Press. I can see myself using this template a lot! There are so many banner sizes and styles on this one template, and it’s very straightforward and easy to use.
What you’ll need:
- Build a Banner Template
- Patterned paper
- Optional: sewing machine
- String or ribbon
- Optional: inks and distressing tool
1. Trace your desired template onto your patterned paper. I only used about 4 sheets of paper for this entire banner! I traced and cut out 10 medium triangle banners and 10 small triangle banners.
2. Cut out all your banners
3. I inked all my larger sized banners with Jumbo Java chalk ink.
4. For the smaller banners, I wanted them to look distressed so I ran my distressing tool along all the edges.
5. Next I got out my sewing machine and I sewed a small size banner onto a larger sized one. I simply LOVE to incorporate sewing into my paper crafts. I love the look and also how easy it is!
6. Once each large banner had a small one sewed onto it, I sewed each banner together in a strip. I left about an inch between each, and enough thread on either end to make a loop (so it can be hung afterwards).
[…] Create a banner by Sewing it for texture or Create a Banner / Bunting utilizing tape for the connector […]