The secret ingredient to these muffins being so moist is the cooked oatmeal and applesauce. I try to make my recipes as healthy as possible for my family and these muffins were a hit with my 18 month old and my husband 🙂 I added a cooked sweet potato to these but next time I’m going to add some pureed spinach too. It’s a great way to get some added veggies into my tot while she thinks she getting a fabulous treat 🙂
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 agave syrup
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 large handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- Mix the spinach with the yogurt and blend until smooth in a vitamix or food processor.
- In a large bowl mix all the wet ingredients together, then add in dry and mix until coated.
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Ovens do vary so make sure the muffin is cooked throughout by inserting a cake tester.
These don’t look that great but they sounds really good and with all that healthy stuff in them I bet they are delicious!! I’m bookmarking this to try!
I am the world’s cheapest person. Never print anything out. But this is sitting on my printer now. Can’t wait to make it.
Rachel Taylor says
Hi, I was wondering if there is a possibility of you all ever making Duck Dynasty party things? I love Everything this site has and would love to see some affordable, printable duck dynasty printables.
Thanks for all you do!!!!
Aunesty Janssen says
I LOVE that idea!!!! Yes I think we can do that!