I love making and eating grilled potatoes. My kids love grilled potatoes. So much in fact that even my eldest daughter upon moving out, asked how to make them within a few weeks of living on her own. My original recipe required a lot of peeling and slicing of potatoes, then microwaving for a bit…. basically the prep was about 20 minutes long.
Well when looking through the aisles of Dollar General, I came across the Clover Valley sliced canned potatoes in water. I thought, how perfect these would be for grilled potatoes! It would take the prep down to 5 minutes. So I picked up four cans, in hindsight, I only needed 3 for 4 adults.
After cooking for about 20 minutes, they were perfect with brown edges and toasty. I served them up and was thrilled to find they tasted exactly like using fresh potatoes. So much less work for the same flavor. Talk about easy!
So if you want to try these easy grilled potatoes as your next BBQ side dish, just follow the recipe below:
- 3 Cans Clover Valley Sliced Potatoes
- 4 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Open and empty the three cans of Clover Valley sliced potatoes into a strainer and rinse
- While the potatoes are straining, melt the butter in the microwave
- Mix melted butter and all seasonings in big bowl
- Stir in potatoes
- Place potatoes in foil lined aluminum pan (you can two for a $1 at Dollar General)
- Put on hot grill, cook for 20 minutes flipping after 10 minutes and 15 minutes
- Remove from heat when potatoes are to your liking for crispiness and enjoy!