No Baby Shower is complete without a few games! One of my favorites from my baby shower (more than 19 years ago….) was guess what it is, where you melt candy bars in baby diapers. There are so many wonderful and amusing Baby Shower Games that we thought you might like a list to choose from for your next baby shower.
So here goes in no particular order:
1. The Baby Ate What? – Fill baby diapers with treats and melt them. For candy bars use the small ones and blow dry them to get the smooshy mess that you need. For cookies, cupcakes, twinkies… just moosh them up in the diaper.
2. What Are You Feeding Me? – Get several baby foods, vegetables, fruits, meats and desserts. Put a number on each jar bottom, make a list of each jar number and what the food is. Remove all labels. Have several little spoons out and ask each guest to taste each jar and guess what it is.
3. Finish the Baby Rhyme: (Materials- baby rhyme game or a book containing the rhymes). Have the host read out loud a part of the rhyme to be finished by the other women. Let’s see how many Baby Shower Guests can finish the following Rhymes we have all grown up with:
1) Mary had a little lamb, it’s _____________ was white as snow.
2) Baa, baa, black sheep, have you any _____________?
3) Mary, Mary, quite _____________, how does your garden grow?
4) Rub-a-dub-dub, three men in a tub, and how do you think ____________ _____________ ____________?
5) Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, _________________ ________________!
6) Little Jack Horner, sat in a corner, eating his ______________ pie;
7) Little Miss Muffet, sat on a tuffet, eating her ________________ and _______________.
8) Peter Piper picked a peck of ____________ _____________.
9) One, two, buckle my shoe, three four, _____________ at the door.
10) Peter, Peter, pumpkin-eater, had a wife but couldn’t ____________ her.
11) Old Mother Hubbard, went to the _______________.
12) There was an old woman, who lived in a _______________.
13) Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no ___________.
14) Hey diddle, diddle, the ____________ and the fiddle.
15) Rock-a-bye baby, on the __________________.
Here are the answers below to the questions. It is great to give the winner a baby shower small gift for participating. Read the answers that people have put out loud since you will have some funny ones.
1) fleece 2) wool 3) contrary 4) they got there 5) Baker’s man 6) Christmas 7) curds, whey 8) pickled peppers 9) knock 10) keep 11) cupboard 12) shoe 13) lean 14) cat 15) treetop
4. Never Say Baby – This game goes through the whole shower. As each guest arrives they are given a necklace with baby 5 to 10 safety pins attached. If a guest catches another guest saying “baby” then they get to collect one of the offending shower guests pins. The guest with the most pins at the end of the shower wins.
5. Baby Bingo – Just like with regular old Bingo but baby related – see our Baby Shower Printables for the Bingo boards.
Well we hope this little list helps you plan your next baby shower!