What you need:
- empty (new) paint can
- Claudine Hellmuth Gesso
- Claudine Hellmuth Acrylic paints (I just love using these paints)
- Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas
- Black archival ink
- paint brushes (foam and fine tipped)
1. Cover the entire paint can with the gesso. I find it easiest to apply it with a foam brush.
2. Once the gesso has dried, paint the can with whatever color of acrylic paint you’d like.
3. Once your paint has dried, the fun part begins! Decorating your paint can!
4. On your sheet of stick back canvas, stamp some stamps onto it with black archival ink.
5. put a tiny dab of paint onto your craft sheet and spray with water. Mix it up so its a very watery paint.
6. Using a fine tipped paint brush, “paint” your stamped images on the sticky back canvas.
7. Now carefully cut each stamped image out. (works best if you let them dry first)
8. Peel the backing off the canvas and stick them right onto your paint can.
9. Another way you can decorate your can is to use foam stamps and apply the acrylic paint directly to the stamp
10. Stamp it right onto the can (carefully!)
Continue decorating until you get your desired look. Now add some fun magnets and little notes : )