Last week when we were at Holiday Studios, we noticed that they had put out a new sign promoting some winter cocktails.
Well I HAD to have one, and decided on the Snowball. YUMMY!!!!
So I of course went online and typed in the ingredients to try to find the recipe. And I found one that seemed like it would be correct, so I made it, and after a little of doctoring, I managed to recreate this taste of winter wonderland!
The Recipe for Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studio’s Snowball Cocktail:
1 ounce Kahula – 1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream – 1/2 ounce Amaretto – 3 ounce half and half – pour all over ice, mix and Enjoy!
Now that I have shared with you my new favorite Winter Cocktail – Here are some more I found online. Enjoy!
2 tablespoons ginger liqueur
2 tablespoons vanilla-citrus liqueur
1 1/2 tablespoons coffee-flavored rum
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons whipping cream
1 cup ice cubes
Dip glass rims in ginger liqueur and crushed gingersnaps. Store glasses in freezer up to 2 days.
Stir together 2 Tbsp. ginger liqueur, vanilla-citrus liqueur, coffee-flavored rum, honey, and whipping cream in a cocktail shaker. Add ice cubes; cover with lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds). Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish, if desired.
Hot Cider Nog
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
1 cup apple cider
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup bourbon (optional)
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
Whisk together first 8 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, until mixture thickens and coats a spoon (about 15 minutes). Stir in bourbon, if desired. Top each serving with whipped cream. Garnish, if desired.
2 cardamom pods
6 whole clove
6 allspice berries
6 whole black peppercorns
1 cinnamon stick, plus 4 for garnish (optional)
1 bottle (3 cups) fruity red wine
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brandy
2. With the flat side of a knife, press firmly on the cardamom pods to bruise them. In a large pot (not aluminum), combine zest, juice, cardamom, cloves, allspice, peppercorns, cinnamon, wine, sugar, and brandy. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low; simmer until flavors have melded, about 30 minutes. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve; garnish with cinnamon stick, if desired. Serve immediately.
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice, plus more for garnish
8 cups whole milk
6 large egg yolks
3 cups brandy
2. Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat until the first large bubble sputters, 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute more. Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Stir in remaining 4 cups milk. Let cool completely in bowl still set in ice bath.
3. Just before serving, stir in brandy, and ladle into glasses; garnish with pumpkin-pie spice.
Mount Gay Hot Buttered Rum
- Boiling water
- 1.5 oz Mount Gay Eclipse Rum
- 2 Tbsp Buttered Rum Batter*
Rinse a coffee mug with boiling water to warm it up. Add the rum and Buttered Rum Batter to the heated mug. Top with boiling water and stir well to combine. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
*Buttered Rum Batter
- 1 lb Light brown sugar
- .5 lb Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- .5 tsp Ground allspice
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, beat together all the ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a month or freeze until ready to use.
Baileys Peppermint Cream
Fresh whipped cream
Leave a Reply